The Best Keto Mushroom Mini Pizza (Low Carb, Paleo, & Gluten Free)

These quick and easy mushroom mini keto pizzas are a great low carb alternative to the classic dough pizza base, and 10 times easier to make.

No matter how long you’ve been on a keto diet, the occasional craving will still turn up for some of your old comfort foods, for me these mini mushroom keto pizzas help fight off one of my biggest carb filled weaknesses.

Pizza is definitely one of my most missed foods on the keto diet, not that it’s something I used to make myself! Ordering a pizza was so convenient and tasty, but also one of the least healthy options I could make. Pizza for me was a pick me up, something I would get on the days I was feeling lazy, or had had a long day at work and just wanted something delicious, fast.

There are plenty of keto recipes out there to recreate the pizza dough base and get as close to the real thing as possible. But for me it’s the flavors and that convenience that I crave most. These portobello mushroom mini keto pizzas are great to get that fix, with minimal effort on my part.

The great thing here is how simple these are to make, needing virtually no cooking experience and very little time in the kitchen. I can put these together in a couple of minutes of actual work, and then go off and do something else until they’re ready. All the flavors of keto pizza without all the work that comes with trying to replicate the pizza dough base.

In terms of toppings I’ve gone for the classic pepperoni pizza here, keeping the ingredient list very short, which is great for doing keto on a budget too. You can go mad of course with whatever toppings you like! I’m thinking of doing a blue cheese and sage pizza next…


You’ll Need:


  • 4 Large Portobello Mushrooms
  • 100 g Low carb marinara sauce (1/2 Cup)
  • 80 g fresh or grated mozzarella
  • 20 slices pepperoni or chorizo sausage


Instructions:


  1. (Optional First Step) - Arrange mushrooms onto ovenproof tray, gills up. Sprinkle with salt and cook in oven heated to 375°F (190°C) for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and drain away liquid from pan and mushrooms.
  2. Arrange mushrooms onto baking tray, gill up. Spread 2 tbsp marinara sauce onto each, followed by 1/4 of the mozzarella (approx 20g or 2 tbsp). Finally arrange 5 slices of pepperoni onto each pizza
  3. Bake in the over for 20 minutes at 375°F (190°C) until cheese begins to turn golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.

Related Posts

Comments


EmoticonEmoticon